Re: wgo i18n

Hi Murray

Murray Cumming schrieb:
On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 14:02 +0200, Carsten Senger wrote:
From the discussions I read about the expected organizational
problems with translations I expect the gnome site to have the wast majority of content in English only.

GNOME has proven itself very capable of translating vast amounts of
content to many languages, and keeping it up to date. If you let them
use suitable tools, by letting them use .po format. Really, they can do
it.

Sorry, I didn't want to question the work of the gnome translators, There were different opinions in the heated discussion and others have a better picture than me.

The po format is not an option here. Plone's ui is translated using po files. But the content is translated with an ui that was written for people managing content, not for programmers. They normally write large and often complex junks of html. And even if a text markup is used, texts are depending more on linguistic features than ui translations.

Also, translated content really _should_ fall back to English, as it
does in application translations.

Yes, they should.

..Carsten