Re: Small changes in the GNOME bar

On 3/16/07, Quim Gil <qgil gnome org> wrote:
So, I'm in bugzilla.gnome.org - how do I know that I'm under the
"Development" family of subsites. Knowing this little detail is not
crucial but it would help me getting a general sense of the GNOME
project structure, and would help me knowing that i.e.
library.gnome.org is just next to me.

Another example could be journal.gnome.org and the "News" tab, and
there are many others.

Ah... I hadn't thought of areas that split up into very distinct sites :)
That's a good point.
But looking at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Navigation, the only areas that split into distinct sites are 'News', which really only splits into pages, and Development, where each subsite will have a distinctive header.
In short -- I don't wholly disagree, but I'm not sure it's worth tinkering with the common bar for this -- either in terms of looks or technology.
(Didn't we say we'd transclude the HTML into sites so we guarantee updates to the bar design roll through all sites magically?)