Re: PloneSoftwareCenter DOAP

/me doesn't get it at all

Sorry, I'm known for the fair amount of bad and obscure jokes I stuff into mails, anyway, http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2005-December/msg00021.html might enlighten you (it triggered one of the biggest usability flamewars that I remember, but indeed pointed out the major difference between the two desktop environments)

I think it's fine if All platforms is hard coded and becomes None, so
long as its translatable and there is a working migration.

We I was thinking of hardcoding "All platforms" (and its translations) to "All platforms". That is because this way we are sure that whatever the user selects (it being "All platforms", "Alle Plattformen" or "Tutti", depending on the translation) the view retrieves the value "All platforms" (and not a value that depends on the translation or the user) that I can filter.
Hardcoding to None was a "cleaner" approach (because adopting the "All platforms"-encoded approach kinda creates a "reserved value" that the user must not use), but using this minimizes the amount of migration that the migration script has to do and, since I'm not sure we can sort out a perfect algorithm for migration (there are some cases that are really hard to cover) the less work it has to do the better it is.

--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?