Re: PloneSoftwareCenter DOAP

If I were wgo, I wouldn't deploy software with no tests. :)

If they need to, they can deploy the branch and switch later. I don't
see why adding tests after merge helps anyone.

Well, okay, we can merge after the tests are done. Deploying "right now" is needed because we are online in one week or so, and people need to start inserting content.
We can either upload doap-branch or trunk, doesn't make much of a difference, since the doap branch is content-compatible with trunk.

or 4, let the user select which value really means "all platforms", but
that's still cumbersome. I think having it as a special value (2) makes
sense, but you can't put that in trunk unless there is fallback or
migration support.

That could be a great feature for kde.org, but we're working for gnome.org here :D (cfr. Linus Torvalds on GNOME usability, to understand the joke).

Jokes aside, we do really need to let the user choose what he wants for "All platforms"? I think that the i18n for the label and a predefined value can fit well enough.
Anyway, I might implement that in doap-branch along with a migration script later (that checks the values and migrates everything that doesn't match with the config to "All platforms", where all platforms also means not specified for us).
For now, let's leave things as they are and hope we are not being the Internet Explorer of DOAP.

--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?