Re: PloneSoftwareCenter DOAP

Simone Deponti wrote:
Okay, my latest work is in svn. Tests are still missing, however, I think I can do those in trunk (I need to mess with the project tests).

I'd be happier if there were some passing tests before we merge. Why is it a problem?

I also know that there is a "All platforms" kinda bug. In order to solve that, we'll have to remove "All platforms" from the os list in the default settings of PSC and also make the variable "None" somewhat selectable when you are assigning the OS to the release file. It is just a matter of modifying slightly the "getPlatformVocab" method in content/downloadablefile.py and content/filelink.py to the following:

def getPlatformVocab(self):
        """Get the platforms available for selection via acquisition from
        the top-level projects container.
        """
return DisplayList([(None,'All platforms'), (item, item) for item in self.getAvailablePlatforms()])

But I'm unsure whether this breaks something or not, so I haven't implemented it in my branch, but it's quite easy to put that in trunk once we're merged.

You need to consider migrations here. If you change the value and we upgrade PSC on plone.org, will eveyone who had "All platforms" (very common for Plone) find that their selection is invalid?

I don't quite understand what the problem is, though.

Martin