Re: Gnome-Plone

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 16:35 +0100, Simone Deponti wrote:
> Ok, I sort of managed to get rid of the annoying "unbuilt egg"
> warning. Although that doesn't seem to change much.
>
> What I did was, after cd'ing into src/gnome.theme
>
> python2.4 setup.py develop
>
> Now, my exact knowledge on the inner working of eggs is scarce, but I
> suppose this updates some egg metadata and, also, installs the egg in
> the python site-packages. All this I have deducted from this output:

> running develop
> running egg_info
> writing requirements to gnome.theme.egg-info/requires.txt
> writing gnome.theme.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> writing namespace_packages to gnome.theme.egg-info/namespace_packages.txt
> writing top-level names to gnome.theme.egg-info/top_level.txt
> writing dependency_links to gnome.theme.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
> writing entry points to gnome.theme.egg-info/entry_points.txt
> writing manifest file 'gnome.theme.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> running build_ext
> Creating /home/simone/Projects/common/python/2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnome.theme.egg-link
> (link to .)
> Adding gnome.theme 0.1dev-r16 to easy-install.pth file
>
> Installed /home/simone/Projects/www.gnome.org/wgo/wgo.buildout/src/gnome.theme
> Processing dependencies for gnome.theme==0.1dev-r16
> Finished processing dependencies for gnome.theme==0.1dev-r16

You don't have to do any of that if the egg is added to base.cfg on
install. It was missing from there so you have to:

      * gnomeweb-plone/wgo.buildout/profiles/base.cfg:
      *
      * 17: # Add additional eggs here
      * 18: # elementtree is required by Plone
      * 19: eggs =
      * 20:   elementtree
      * +  gnome.theme

This is needed to install the egg. I'll walk through all the stuff I did
from yesterday and just create patches for everyone.

> You can see it also adds that in the python site packages as a
> symbolic link, which I don't know if is a good thing or not.
> Actually, I found that when following a tutorial from Rocky Burt on
> how to develop formlib packages for Plone, although I am much guessing
> on why it has to be done. Other and more experienced devels might know
> why :D.

Doesn't need to be done; buildout is supposed to do it for you.

> That said, I still see no content nor skin. I couldn't log in into the
> ZMI (password changing problems) so for now I'm stuck here. I'll let
> you all know if I got forward further on this.

Earlier in the thread:

      * After that you can change the admin password by using
        parts/zope2/utilities/zpasswd.py -u admin -p blah access and
        copying this file into the parts/instance directory.