Re: Gnome-Plone

Ok, I sort of managed to get rid of the annoying "unbuilt egg"
warning. Although that doesn't seem to change much.

What I did was, after cd'ing into src/gnome.theme

python2.4 setup.py develop

Now, my exact knowledge on the inner working of eggs is scarce, but I
suppose this updates some egg metadata and, also, installs the egg in
the python site-packages. All this I have deducted from this output:

running develop
running egg_info
writing requirements to gnome.theme.egg-info/requires.txt
writing gnome.theme.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing namespace_packages to gnome.theme.egg-info/namespace_packages.txt
writing top-level names to gnome.theme.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to gnome.theme.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to gnome.theme.egg-info/entry_points.txt
writing manifest file 'gnome.theme.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
Creating /home/simone/Projects/common/python/2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnome.theme.egg-link
(link to .)
Adding gnome.theme 0.1dev-r16 to easy-install.pth file

Installed /home/simone/Projects/www.gnome.org/wgo/wgo.buildout/src/gnome.theme
Processing dependencies for gnome.theme==0.1dev-r16
Finished processing dependencies for gnome.theme==0.1dev-r16

You can see it also adds that in the python site packages as a
symbolic link, which I don't know if is a good thing or not.
Actually, I found that when following a tutorial from Rocky Burt on
how to develop formlib packages for Plone, although I am much guessing
on why it has to be done. Other and more experienced devels might know
why :D.

That said, I still see no content nor skin. I couldn't log in into the
ZMI (password changing problems) so for now I'm stuck here. I'll let
you all know if I got forward further on this.
--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?