Re: Gnome-Plone

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 15:37 -0500, Christopher Warner wrote:
> Greetings, i'm responding to the call to arms for the Plone setup for
> www.gnome.org and was asked to introduce myself so. Basically i've been
> using Gnome since pretty much the beginning. I've committed patches,
> written documentation and generally have been scratching my own itches
> for quite sometime whether it be Gnome, Selinux, the vanilla kernel or
> whatever I need at any given point in time. I currently work at New York
> Magazine and am actively overhauling segments into Plone. For instance
> sections like this: http://nymag.com/fashion/models/alima/adrianalima/
> will be released and all content managed by plone soon. Infact my goal
> is to completely replace all content management at nymag through plone
> where it makes sense. That said, CMS systems are of high interest to me
> and I believe Plone to be one of the best built ontop of Zope and am
> happy Gnome.org chose it sometime ago.
>
> Let me know how I can be of help or where I can start, i'll devote a
> couple of hours between 4-6 every week. As really that's all I have :-)

Great. Thanks for the help.

There are at least two more Plone people who I expect to introduce
themselves soon on this mailing list. When they've done that we should
be able to figure out more precisely what needs to be done and who would
like to do what.

For now, I'd really appreciate it if you take a look at what we have in
svn and see if you understand what Ramon thinks needs to be done.

You should also try to install it locally so you can take a look. I
haven't managed that yet myself.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com