Re: library.gnome.org status

Shaun McCance wrote:

> There's already stuff in db2html-autotoc.xsl to do this.
> It just needs to be hooked up and and polished a bit.
> I'm working on it now.

Great.

> A copyright footer should contain the copyright info
> Of the four things you mentioned earlier, I think the
> only one that makes sense for SSI is the language links,
> as it's information we can't possibly know at the time
> the page is being built.  (And it's only information we
> can't know because documents apparently fail to build.
> And I'm beginning to think we should just let the links
> stay in and just fix the build failures.)

Fine, we then need to get our point on a HTML structure which
allow enough for CSS / JavaScript work to get a pleasant result.

  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="..." />
 </head>
  ... whatever is static, "About GNOME" links and stuff
  ... real content, document section ...
  <ul id="toc">
   ... toc ...
  </ul>
  ... annotations (handled by Javascript?)...
  ... copyright info ...

Unfortunately we all dream of semantic structure but current HTML
reality is that we often needs HTML arrangements to produce a given
visual output.  (for example, the structure outlined before wouldn't
work for a floating table of contents).

Anyway I believe the structured exposed above should offer enough
flexibility for our current needs.

Sure there is a meeting on Sunday, but can we agree on such a
structure before, so I can base the generated index files on
something ?

Regards,
        Frederic