Re: library.gnome.org status

Goran Rakic wrote:

> > Is this possible to have xsltproc generate such a file along the
> > others or would it need another call ?
>
> We don't need to include them all, we need to include just one for
> language selection. Header, foother and others can be done in xslt. I know
> that, at least, Shaun knows how to do that. Maybe we can just ask him?

I am not quite sure I understand what you are talking about.  That the
table of contents part can be generated with current call to xsltproc,
given the appropriate xsl file ?  Great.

... rusty ...

    <ul id="toc">
      <xsl:apply-templates mode="db.chunk.content.toc" select="//sect1"/>
    </ul>

<xsl:template mode="db.chunk.content.toc" match="sect1">
 <li><a>
   <xsl:attribute name="href">
     <xsl:value-of select="concat(@id, $db.chunk.extension)"/>
   </xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:value-of select="title" /></a></li>
</xsl:template>

And this seems to work.  Whooray for forgotten skills.

As for also generating site header/footer, I wonder if if would not be
easier on maintenance if they were kept as SSI, so there is no need to
regenerate documentation whenever (example) the copyright tag line
changes.

        Frederic