Re: [wgo] Skin work

Quim Gil wrote:
- Save a lot of links & words in the info blocks - PENDING  :)

I'm not totally sure what this means - are there just too many words in the blocks? Should I simplify them more?

- Planet block - What about having a block on top of the events block
consisting of header + a row of 6 hackergotchis with their name below,
nothing else, plus an icon or link to the Planet. We need to depopulate
the column otherwise we might end up getting the known disease of Column
Larger Than Body.

I will give this a try; I didn't have an opportunity tonight so hopefully early this weekend.

- News block - As said just the entries logo, title and date) is enough,
not the content. It should be much shorter.

I didn't have a chance to do this tonight either; I will do it next go.

- Events block - Also the essential info only: title, place, dates and
perhaps logo. Interesting the distinction this month / this year but
it's risky since we can't assure events with GNOME presence all the
months. I'd start easy.

Well... what if instead of the 'This Month' label, it said 'Next Event'? I kinda like the idea of all the details of the next upcoming GNOME event being right there, and then a less-detailed queue of other events (could stay labeled 'this year') underneath. Does that seem reasonable?

- Navigation - waiting the next mockup for comments. Note that with the
current arrangement is pretty obvious that we just need a damn big foot
+ "GNOME" where now we have the small logo & GNOME (top) and the "GNOME
Home:" (below).

There's a *lot* of navigation. Right now the tabs stand out a whole lot more than the very top navigation. Is this emphasis on the tabbed items correct?

- GNOME block - I think this is it for now. We can polish details but
it's not theme/skin dependent.

Okay. I got some feedback that it didn't stand out enough so I tweaked it a bit to be more noticeable.

Yeh, I just ended up moving the planet from the main area to the side because it's really not a whole lot of information - definitely not as much as news or events

news + planet + events = moving infos changing all the time. It makes
sense to have them altogether. The rest is more static.

Makes sense.

~m