Re: [wgo] Skin work

En/na Máirín Duffy ha escrit:
> David Convent wrote:
>> A link pointing to the blog page where it resides is far enough.
>> I don't have problems with the mock-ups living somewhere else than on
>> that page :-)
>> Having on the same page a summary of the important links we have to
>> access on a regular basis would probably be useful too, just for
>> making sure any contributor can access key information.
>
> Ok cool will do!
>
> ~m
The design part will be divided between mainpage and secondarypages.
First we need to have a nice secondarypage that allow us see a feel of
the content with this look. I hope that on the beginning next week we
will have a full funcional plone site with all the needed products
listed on the wiki and it would be lovely to apply some inicial skinning.

The mainpage is a really delicated page and is really important that is
usefull and easy to manage, for that reason I have a suggestion:

* Reusing the mainpage product
https://svn.lafarga.cpl.upc.edu/dades/svn/ploneros/MainPage/ that is an
example of a system that have diferent components separeted. What does
it mean ? ... on the main page we have Big Image component, AdImage
component, event and news portlet, featured product component , ... with
this idea mainpage will be a new type that have subtypes that can be
managed, for example a normal admin can add a new image, decide when it
will be published, if it must be random, when it'll be dispublished, ..
the same for the adimages, .... and the mainpage product will take all
of this and compose the mainpage. Apart from that we can decide diferent
cache polices depending on the objects so we can decide a cache policy
different for the mainpage than for the rest of documents, ...

It's an idea that I designed on http://www.epsem.upc.edu one year ago.
You must be care about what calculations are you using on the mainpage
composition because of it must be fast, but apart from that I thing that
is a better idea to manage mainpages.

It would be important to know how many people is visiting the wgo on
release dates in order to decide things like that !!!!

/Ramon