Re: [wgo] Skin work

Looking at
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/gnome-brand/wgo/wgo_mock-9nov.png -
getting there slowly.  :)

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 01:03 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Quim Gil wrote:
> > - Save a lot of links & words in the info blocks - PENDING  :)
>
> I'm not totally sure what this means - are there just too many words in
> the blocks? Should I simplify them more?

I don't see the need to go in such detail in News & Events. Why offer a
link to i.e. comments of a news piece or a "submit story" in the wgo
homepage. We have the news.gnome.org home for all this, the wgho is too
general to get all this.

> Well... what if instead of the 'This Month' label, it said 'Next Event'?
> I kinda like the idea of all the details of the next upcoming  GNOME
> event being right there, and then a less-detailed queue of other events
> (could stay labeled 'this year') underneath. Does that seem reasonable?

The thing is, we need to have a who home as light as possible. Isn't
enough to show event + location + date to make users click or not for
more info?

Again, we have news.gnome.org for further details.

> There's a *lot* of navigation. Right now the tabs stand out a whole lot
> more than the very top navigation. Is this emphasis on the tabbed items
> correct?

Yes, "the tabbed items" is the wgo primary nav, and it's correct to have
it bigger than the "very top navigation", the General bar common to all
the GNOME subsites.

As Joachim as pointed out, the GNOME logo should be connected also to to
the General nav bar. Now the logo is like standing there, not as tab of
the wgo bar not as part of the general nav bar. We need to find a
graphic solution to show just the opposite: the logo connected to wboth
nav bars. I had suggested to integrate it to the wgo bar (instead of the
"Home" tab, that is duplicated and not needed).

I think you can save space in the header, it is indeed too big. Maybe
integrating better the language menu and the search tool? They are a bit
like floating in nowhere's land.

I also had thought in a gray/discrete general bar (as in guadec.org) and
a more colored/intense wgo bar but this is probably totally subjective.

> Okay. I got some feedback that it didn't stand out enough so I tweaked
> it a bit to be more noticeable.

Much better now.  :)