Re: Tasks

Cool, this is the type of message someone wishes to receive the first day of an alpha phase.  :)

2006/12/7, Simone Deponti <shywolf9982 gmail com >:

Section C:

Here we have two worlds: the homepage and the secondary pages.

About the homepage Lee had volunteered working on it and he is desperate to write some code after me having him writing planning documents for months.  ;)  Lee, if you want to lead this go ahead.

The secondary pages have only one optional portlet/component/block planned for in the right column, see http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/ComponentSelection :

- Related Links Block - In those pages where we offer links for further information i.e. in other wgo sections, other GNOME subsites or wherever in the Internet. Could be also a passage of text that explains what the visitor can do from this page.

We haven't defined the placement of another optional component, perhaps it could have a place in the column and not in the body?:

- Document navigation - Previous and next for pages needing it, or page numbering system.

See also http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/PageStructure just in case you missed this page.

Section D (footer and colophon, is not in the diagram):

The elements of the big footer (homepage) and the small one (secondary pages) are defined at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/ComponentSelection but we haven't gone through the position of the elements and the look&feel.

If you all agree I'll format the main template in order to accomodate the said areas into it, and hence have the "skeleton" on which insert the other pieces (templates).

Works for me.

I can take care of the main template, if anyone else doesn't want.

It can be pretty easy to create a boring Section C functional for the whole site. However, it would be great to have cool secondary pages well styled and with graphics and other visual elements well integrated. Even better if we could have as a result a bunch of templates web editors could choose from when creating a new Success Story, a new static page, etc.