Re: apps.gnome proposal

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:44:53 +1100
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> As it happens, you are entirely wrong. Not only did I look at the mockup for
> more than one minute but the mockup is *not* "just that". I don't appreciate
> your sarcasm.

OK, I shouldn't have been sarcastic. Maybe that's due to my impression that
the previous posts lacked concreteness (well, maybe I just missed it due to
my lack of english or my unfamilarity with mailing lists). It sounded all so
'political'.

> Indeed, your mockup has a 'home page' for each application, and it includes
> far more info than I've inferred above. [...]

Well, I placed most of informations available on the GNOME software map on the
'home page' view. I thought some people would be crying out load if
they were not available, anymore.

I agree that the pages will improve if we can get rid of most of these infos.

But I'm not in the position to make a decision about what needs to be included
and what not. If you would have posted: "Kick the download URLs and the long
description, and implement the version number into the list view so that we can
get rid of the home page views", I would have been happy. That would have been
something to deal with.

The term "far more info than I've inferred" has no concrete meaning for me. I
still don't know which infos you mean exactly, you know?

Well, however. The threat is already too long. I'll be waiting silently for
whatever requirements there will be. :D

Best regards,
Claus