Re: apps.gnome proposal

<quote who="Sri Ramkrishna">

> > a) rewriting something existent, or
> > b) writing something new, or
> > c) don't do anything at all? ;)

> I of course would go with b).  But if we can do something nifty and simple
> to maintain I have no objections to a).  But really all hypothetical until
> someone brings forth an idea that meets the requirements we want.

If we have to go with (b), it ought to be *extremely* simple, and not over-
engineered, so that we can refactor it as requirements change. One thing to
keep in mind when looking into this is that it does *not* have to provide an
equivalent to a "home page" for each application listed - it really ought to
be focused on being a jumping-off point, providing links to application
project pages on gnome.org, sourceforge.net or elsewhere. Not only does this
reduce the work to write (and later, refactor) the system, but by limiting
the amount of information required, it will reduce the maintenance load too.
We don't want to over-do it, and be left with bucketloads of work later on.

Perhaps we should meet up on IRC at some stage?

    Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so cold of
                       heart as never to express it.