Re: apps.gnome proposal

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Claus Schwarm wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:09:17 +0100
> From: Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net>
> To: Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
> Cc: gnome-web-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: apps.gnome proposal
>
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:01:58 -0800 (PST)
> Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
>

> > Good question.  How about throw some people at hte problem and see what
> > ideas come up?
> >

> Well, do you know anybody who will be happy about getting thrown at something? :D
>
> If so, what ideas is he or she supposed to have? I mean beyond
> a) rewriting something existent, or
> b) writing something new, or
> c) don't do anything at all? ;)

Well, I have some web developers sitting in my list looking for something
to do. :-)  All of them seem fairly experienced.

I of course would go with b).  But if we can do something nifty and simple
to maintain I have no objections to a).  But really all hypothetical until
someone brings forth an idea that meets the requirements we want.

I'll forward something and see if some of them can join this list and help
in the discussion.

sri