Re: apps.gnome proposal

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:10:36 +1100
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> One thing to
> keep in mind when looking into this is that it does *not* have to provide an
> equivalent to a "home page" for each application listed - it really ought to
> be focused on being a jumping-off point, providing links to application
> project pages on gnome.org, sourceforge.net or elsewhere.

Yeah, thanks! You just told me that you didn't even bother to spend 1 minute
on the mockup.

Otherwise you would have recognized that it's just that.

And I am _really_ a little bit proud about its simplicity. :D

However, some entries in my new database layout are just there because the
GNOME software map has them. And I would really like to get rid of some of them.

> Perhaps we should meet up on IRC at some stage?

Well, my english is awful but I joined #webhackers. However, if nobody bothers
to have a closer look at the mockup, we'll be talking about possibilities, not
details (or requirements). :(

Regards,

Claus