Re: apps.gnome proposal

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

> > One thing to keep in mind when looking into this is that it does *not*
> > have to provide an equivalent to a "home page" for each application
> > listed - it really ought to be focused on being a jumping-off point,
> > providing links to application project pages on gnome.org,
> > sourceforge.net or elsewhere.
>
> Yeah, thanks! You just told me that you didn't even bother to spend 1
> minute on the mockup.
>
> Otherwise you would have recognized that it's just that.

As it happens, you are entirely wrong. Not only did I look at the mockup for
more than one minute but the mockup is *not* "just that". I don't appreciate
your sarcasm.

Indeed, your mockup has a 'home page' for each application, and it includes
far more info than I've inferred above. It is not just a jumping-off point,
as it includes a lot of information that would require local maintenance. We
will obviously have to include local information, but it would make sense to
keep it to a (functional) minimum.

I'm not saying your mockup is bad at all - it's simple and slick! What we
need to figure out is how much work we want to be stuck with after we build
it. :-)

I've been talking with Edd Dumbill about some ideas we've had for dealing
with this - I'll catch up with him and post here again about it.

Thanks, this is good stuff, please leave the sarcasm at home though.

    100% Pure Slashdot Wisdom: "Source code gives a whole new meaning to
                              free software."