Re: Getting Started Again: Design Goals

<quote who="Steve Fox">

> I don't want to sound like a turd, but why wasn't any of this done with
> this group? It seems that there is a bit of private development (not only
> web stuff, but for g2d as well), and I have to admit it's frustrating for
> those of us just starting to contribute to GNOME.
>
> No big deal, but it makes some of us feel like we're not in the "in
> crowd".

With web stuff, it's Just Me. :-) I got very bored with the going-nowhere
problems we had before, and decided that we'd need some foundations to build
upon before getting everyone going for real. Once this is out, everyone can
have a look at poke fun at me (read: make it better).

  [ Distributed development works better with a design or vision to start
  with - attempting to do that work in a large group of dissenting voices
  doesn't seem to work very well at all. ]

Not sure what you're referring to with regards to desktop development and
G2D; everything happens in bugzilla, on desktop-devel and on gnome-hackers.
Release team minutes are posted to desktop-devel too. That's probably a
better topic off this list, but I am interested. Mail me. :-)

                    "Whatcha wanna be when you grow up?"
                            "Eight and a half."