Re: Getting Started Again: Design Goals

While I think we do have a good start. I'm sure that having some
usability people go over the site would be beneficial. I'd still like to
consider the design "slushy", so let's get some input from others and
maybe we can focus on branding the site some more.

In particular I don't like the different colors in the indented menu at:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gwh/mockups/initial-css/

but the tables version at:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gwh/mockups/initial-tables/

looks very clean IMHO.

I'd also suggest that we make the foot considerably smaller. The more
navigational stuff we have toward the top of the page, the better. Also,
I don't think we ever solved the placement of the search box either. I'd
like to see one on every page somehow.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org