Re: Graphic comps

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:14:49PM -0500, Martin Lee wrote:
> I have web graphic design experience, and regularly do comps for clients
> as part of my job. Right now I'm swamped with design work, but I have
> some ideas that might work well for gnome.org and I'll try to comp a few
> ideas this weekend.

> I'm thinking that we should probably have several people do comps, and
> then we can critic the designs and make changes and choos the best one
> that will represent gnome the best.

Sounds good, although I suggest we avoid a lot of people doing very complete,
finished design sketches, at least before we've had some discussion of where
we want to go. The reason for this is both that it'll represent a lot of
duplicated work, and also it'll lead to a lot of people's ideas being
discarded, which they might not be happy about.

So at least I suggest we discuss a bit first, and then afterwards try to come
up with bits and pieces of concepts before putting it all together. Remember,
just because one sketch is better than the others, doesn't mean it's ideal,
so the finished result should ideally consist of ideas and concepts from
several early sketches.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer