Re: Languages and backends.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:03:36PM -0600, Joakim Ziegler wrote:

> www.gtk.org (?):
>
> Shawn, could you enlighten us as to what www.gtk.org uses to store and
> generate its content?

Simple server-side includes.  Some custom scripts that run via cron,
written in perl I think.

> Now, what we're looking at is to try to unify these sites as much as
> possible, both design, generation and maintenance wise (with the possible
> exception of www.gtk.org, I'm still a little unclear as to the level of
> integration the GTK+ people want. Once again, it'd be good to get some more
> info). The ideal situation would be to settle on one scripting/generation
> language, one way to generate everything, etc., and have this one unified
> model be simple for people to set up and develop for.

I would like www.gtk.org to be fully integrated by this web team such
that it is maintained along side the other sites.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking