Re: split of the list

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 01:06:55AM +0200, Leonid Mamtchenkov wrote:
> Hello Jeff Waugh,
>
> Once you wrote about "Re: split of the list":
> JW> > 1. Code: Scripting, programming, database, backend, delivery, servers,
> JW> > etc.
> JW> > 2. Design: Graphics and visual style.
> JW> > 3. Content: The written word with a subset, Translations (since this seems
> JW> > to be popular, thankfully).
> JW>
> JW> All of these are strongly interrelated, especially as we're just beginning.
> JW> Splitting the list would just lead to a lack of communication , which woull
> JW> hamper our efforts more now than email overload could. :)
>
> I agree with both of you ;-)
> The list is getting pretty heavy (second day for subscription for me and
> there 138 messages in the mailbox - if we keep up that way, we'll beat the
> lkml ;-)), but IMHO the separation should be done a bit later, since even
> not all people have joined the list yet...
>
> --
>  Best regards,
>  Leonid Mamtchenkov
>  E-mail: leonid leonid maks net

I was just about to say this.  We haven't even organized into those groups,
we haven't even picked a leader yet (Bazaar method requires a strong leader).

My request is that we really, really sit down and decide what goals we have
before we do anything else.  Goal setting should be #1.  We have a nebulous
"improve the gnome family of sites" goal right now.  We need to split that
up into sub sets of projects, and then split the subsets into smaller subsets.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
JJ

--
J. J. Horner
jjhorner bellsouth net

"The people who vote decide nothing.
The people who count the vote decide everything."
	- Josef Stalin