Re: 2. Audience (was Re: Design document [Draft 1])

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:13:30AM +0500, Ryan Muldoon wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:55:14AM +0500, Ryan Muldoon wrote:
>> There will be quite a few things on the sidebar, and we should
>> probably go over each area one-by-one and figure out exactly
>> what goes in each area.  First we need to agree on an initial set
>> of toplevel navigation controls.  If later on we can't resolve
>> where things should go, we start over.

> I think that we should avoid things like sub-sub-headings if possible.....
> I'll try and think about this tomorrow and see if I can come up with a
> suggested navigation system.

Just a word of warning: It's usually very hard to avoid three levels of
navigation on a site that has any amount of content at all. This goes double
if you want rather few top level categories (like "The Desktop" would be
impossible to categorize properly with only one more level under it).

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim helixcode com - Radagast IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer