Re: 2. Audience (was Re: Design document [Draft 1])

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 09:55:14AM +0500, Ryan Muldoon wrote:

> > I am curious what specific things are targetted at Businesses and
> > not just large groups of users (like Universities).
> >
> I think the intention was to get businesses looking at the foundation.
> I guess that this could fit under "contact us" - but we should aim for
> clarity whenever possible.

Ok, I suggest "Foundation" also be a toplevel heading which takes you to
the foundation website.

> > I suggest the following top level navigation:
> >
> > |               | The Desktop | Download | Development | News | Contact Us |
> > |---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > | (Contents Bar)|
> > | .....         |
> > | .....         |
> > | .....         |
> > | .....         |
> > | .....         |
> > |---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > |                              Webmaster | Legal
> >
> > Here is what would go in each section:
> >
> >   The Desktop - All information for the User and non-coding Contributor (www.gnome.org)
> >   Download - Information on downloading GNOME and GNOME Applications (www.gnome.org/download/)
> >   Development - For the developer (developer.gnome.org)
> >   News - News about GNOME (news.gnome.org)
> >   Contact Us - All contact info, press kit, etc. (www.gnome.org/contact_us/)
> >
> what about a "Projects" subheading?  This might be useful to point to
> sub-groups, like Documentation, Translation, UI, Sound, etc.
>
> The benefit of a "projects" section would be that my "projects of the week"
> idea would fall nicely under that category. (wording would have to change
> though...)

This would go under "The Desktop" since they are contributor
things.

There will be quite a few things on the sidebar, and we should
probably go over each area one-by-one and figure out exactly
what goes in each area.  First we need to agree on an initial set
of toplevel navigation controls.  If later on we can't resolve
where things should go, we start over.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson eventloop com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking