Re: [patch] new cdda module

Am Freitag, den 26.08.2005, 15:59 +0200 schrieb Mattias Eriksson:
> I agree with Alex that using copying as ripping is not a good solution
> in the common case, for the reasons he mentions. However, there is a
> specific case where it actually would make sense: when the user are
> copying files to a portable music player. In this case it would be
> really cool if gnome-vfs just made a check to see if the music format
> is suported (by asking hal) and convert it if needed.
> In this case it is possible to use sane defaults and make things just
> work!
>
> //Snaggen

Nice idea, but not easy to do. For example, my portable player has
several
subdirectories. One is for music (only mp3, wav, ogg and
winamp-playlists
make sense), another one for firmware and the third one for any kind of
data (just for
storage). I'm sure a lot of vendors do similar things. Implementing this
for
every device on the market is a huge task.