Re: [patch] new cdda module

Am Donnerstag, den 25.08.2005, 12:18 +0200 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> Even with autoplay disabled you will get an audio-cd icon on the desktop
> and in Computer. Clicking on this should IMHO default to playing it, not
> looking at it as files.

I was talking both of the icon in the computer:// folder and the desktop
(they should
clearly work the same way). We can set the default action to "play",
which will
open a cd player app, but include an "open" menuitem that will open the
cd in
nautilus.

An integrated rip option in a player app is nice, but I thinks users see
an audio
cd the same way as a data cd, so a logical way to rip is to copy the
files it contains.
This way should be open to the users. If not, that would be quite
confusing. "Why
do I need an application for copying the data on one cd, while I can
copy another's
directly in the file manager?" We should not force the user to make a
distiction between
things that look (physically) the same to him. If they use the ripper
function in
the player app, everything's okay. But if they don't, we should provide
the other
way to make it easier for them.