RE: I was wondering if gnome-vfs supports scp

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> I personally don't think so. People running ssh1 servers should upgrade
> anyway. Aren't they considered unsecure now? ssh.com says:

Yes, that's the theory. In practice however, there are reasons for
running ssh1. For example, I don't think that a 486 can run a ssh2
server (wrt performance). I have an old pentium 75 at home, running
windows, and putty takes 10 seconds to connect to an ssh 2 server,
during which windows allmost totally freezes. And that's just the
client.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."