Few questions on gnome-vfs

Hi everybody,

Few questions…

I plan to use gnome-vfs as a VFS backend in a GNUstep based desktop environment. Well to do that, I would like to get rid of the libbonobo dependency which induces many extra dependencies, and has no utility in my case. I have seen that the gnome-vfs daemon is where libbonobo is essentially used, but I don't understand what this daemon is useful for and what I will lost if I remove it, I haven't been able to find any documentation on it… ?

Have you any other advices to help me to reduce gnome-vfs dependencies, especially libbonobo. My goal is to limit the dependencies to GLib, HAL, D-BUS and some extra librairies which can be tolerated because of their small size.

Thanks,
Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé