Re: Authentication Cache for libsmb (gnome-vfs-extras)

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 05:23, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Would it be possible to move this login/password caching feature to an
> upper level ?

I don't think so.  There are so many wacky authentication mechanisms out
there that I can't see an abstraction above the current callback
mechanism being useful...  HTTP digest goes across connections, NTLM is
a 3 step process with a connection death in the middle, PAM can ask all
sorts of arbitrary things, NFS has its own specialized auth semantics,
etc.

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.