Re: Default background

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:43:38 -0300
Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <efgiovanini gmail com> wrote:

> Em Sáb, 2007-08-25 às 14:01 +0200, Andreas Nilsson escreveu:
> > The Big Question Now is how we technically get anything at all to
> > be the default in svn. Help fix this, anyone!
>
> You probably should add the image to the gnome-backgrounds module, and
> change libgnome to make it the default.

I was suggesting the Andreas on IRC today that he probably didn't want
to do it this way. You could end up with a nasty situation if
gnome-backgrounds is not installed.

I would suggest installing the background from libgnome. This has the
benefit that the schema and the background are installed from the same
place. I would also like to suggest installing a small xml file (such
as gnome-backgrounds already does) to describe the background.

However, it would certainly be worth looking at distributions such as
Ubuntu and Fedora to see how they are already installing default
backgrounds. We probably do not want to cause any problems if our
methods conflict.

Regards,

Thomas