FINAL: All backgrounds proposals

This will be my last "proposal" but please READ it carefully
cause it is the most important from myself.

	1) Nature (No)
	2) Abstract (Yes)

1) ### "NATURE: WHY NOT" ###
I know there was a guideline but we can't follow that guideline if we
are unsure and have a lot of question marks on it.

In channel #gnome-art I've never saw all of them that agreed on a theme,
and the leaf proposed by andreasn looks "ok" but we are confused
confused and confused. I can bet 100 beers at the next guadec that
people will change it in they same day they bounce into 2.20 version.
And this not because the Garret picture is bad (it's fantastic) but
because the human eye is disturbed by that amount of green and the
details of the leaf.
See in our discussions of the last days, everytime we peoposed a noew
image someone said "I don't like it, I won't use it etc etc, too
details, to flat etc etc" .
The GTK gui is simple and with few gradients, the wallpaper has a LOT of
"real" details, that makes the eye be noised.
Particolary if we choose a macro shot, as Garret's (wonderful) photos.
It's not following GNOME HIG, Imho.

Gnome has an usable and simple theme, with no images, abstract.
The wallpaper need to follow HIG, and be abstract too.

So it's not just a "look question" (yes blue looks better as jimmac
said). It's a lot more.

Btw my favourite one is "Green Meadow" that we have into the default
set, I have a 1600x1200 version of it. It's the only one that looks ok
with the clearlooks theme, but yes, it has the disavantages of the other
leafs. You can find few nature wallpapers here, some retouched in blue
(just for joke :) )
http://picasaweb.google.com/andrea.cimitan/GnomeWallpapers/

2) ### "THE ABSTRACT PROPOSAL: ORIGINAL AND ADAPTABLE" ###
1. An abstract wallpaper could be transparent, to have every color we
like
2. An abstract wallpaper is generally liked by more people, as it is
less detailed and fits more needs
3. An abstract wallpaper looks _much_ better with a gtk theme
4. No license and scaling problems, as they are done in SVG. They go
with every resolution without becoming 3Mb per photo.
5. Something simple is following the gnome HIG much more than a leaf or
something else
6. People could stick months with an abstract wallpaper, while probably
they will become tired of an image/panorama
7. The minimalistic/abstract is the glamour/fashion of the moment, see
the number of downloads in deviantart or in every other website.
This should be the marketing of the 2007. OSx tiger and Panther got the
"blue aqua wallpaper" which was downloaded billions of time because of
it neutral look, which goes well with every theme and feel comfortable
on the eye.
8. An abstract wallpaper is original, while a leaf seems to remind OSX
leopard or Vista (bad wallpapers by the way).

My proposals, (I like the third). 2�, 3�, 4� are done by me in inkscape
+gimp from scratch, so they are 100% GPL (and much more original than a
leaf).
Notice: I've the svg of ALL those wallpapers, so they can be transparent
and for every resolution, and match _EVERY_ theme.
http://picasaweb.google.com/andrea.cimitan/AbstractWallpapers/

Cheers
Andrea