GSOC 2016 introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Marius Stanciu, I am currently studying Computer Science at Politehnica University of Bucharest and this summer i'm going to add some useful features to Libchamplain/Gnome maps!

My projects mainly consists in implementing horizontal map wrapping in Libchamplain.
This will not only offer a smother map viewing experience but will also ensure the locations right on the edge of the map are not split. Moreover, I will probably have some time left to research and start working on map rotations.

As soon as coding period starts, I will also start posting my progress on a dedicated blog.

Regards,
Marius