Re: Lightning talks at GUADEC

Hi Ekaterina,

congratulations on your GSoC and Outreachy internships for this
summer, and also on the completed winter Outreachy internships!

GNOME has an annual conference in Europe, GUADEC[1], which will take
place in Karlsruhe, Germany this August. As GNOME interns, you will
have the opportunity to present your projects during a lightning talk
session which is currently planned for the 12th of August. Lightning
talks normally take up to a maximum of 5 minutes and there is no lower
limit. I need to know if you are interested in doing this as soon as
possible, so please reply to confirm!

Yes, I am very much interested and it would be a great opportunity for me to present my project in the lightning talks :)

If you plan to attend GUADEC, you need to talk to your mentors about
organising BoFs/hackfests[2]. If your mentors are not planning to
attend, you should think about other areas that you're interested in
and talk to people about potential sessions.

I spoke with David about it and he too will be attending the GUADEC and is interested in organizing a BoF/Hackfest for Gnome Logs.

Very excited to attend my first GUADEC!

Regards,
Pranav

congratulations on your GSoC and Outreachy internships for this
summer, and also on the completed winter Outreachy internships!

GNOME has an annual conference in Europe, GUADEC[1], which will take
place in Karlsruhe, Germany this August. As GNOME interns, you will
have the opportunity to present your projects during a lightning talk
session which is currently planned for the 12th of August. Lightning
talks normally take up to a maximum of 5 minutes and there is no lower
limit. I need to know if you are interested in doing this as soon as
possible, so please reply to confirm!

Sounds really exciting! I'm interested in presenting my project during the lightening talk :)

If you plan to attend GUADEC, you need to talk to your mentors about
organising BoFs/hackfests[2]. If your mentors are not planning to
attend, you should think about other areas that you're interested in
and talk to people about potential sessions.

I spoke to Felipe and he's attending GUADEC as well. He does intend to have a BoF/Hackfest related to gnome-music which should be fun!

Looking forward to my first GUADEC!

Best,
Gaurav