Re: [weekly report] Week 11: Python and GObject-Introspection

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Simon van der
Linden<simon vanderlinden agora eu org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 10:24 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Simon van der
>> Linden<simon vanderlinden agora eu org> wrote:
>> > If I count well, there is only one week to go. This week, I'll try to
>> > get those structures and boxed types working. Then, I'll need some more
>> > tests, and I think adding a test module in PyGObject's tree would be
>> > useful, rather than using the one in GObject-Introspection that is
>> > designed to test the typelib compiler.
>>
>> Simon,
>>
>> This sounds great!  Are you planning on adding documentation to the
>> GObject Introspection wiki page on how to get this going for other
>> people's projects?
>
> There is already a page about the projet, or at least about the project
> back in the days when I started my SoC project:
> http://live.gnome.org/PyBank
>
> We created a new page for the current project, which is not PyBank
> anymore: http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject
> The former is not up to date, and the latter is still almost empty; I
> need to update them to reflect the actual state. I'll do it this
> week-end, if I find the time. Otherwise, next week; isn't it too late,
> regarding the program end date which is on Monday?

Assuming your mentor is satisfied with your progress to date, I don't
see why it would be a problem.  In fact, I enourage all students to
continue working on their projects and other GNOME related code beyond
the pencils down date.  There's a been a lot of good work done this
summer.

Cheers,
Adam