Re: My gripes with Gnome Shell

You can:
  (a) start it an minimize it - it appears in the tray.
   - or -
  (b) have it start at startup.

I honestly cannot see a problem to be solved.

If it is running it appears in the tray underlined - that tells you it
is active.

Trolling answer.

Also the tray icon also shows other stuff: For Dropbox / Seafile it
shows when it's currently syncing data by spinning arrows.

A package could very well choose to contain a shell extension if it
needs some persistent custom presentation - a path exists to solve that
problem.  Many don't bother, likely, because it is a rather trivial
matter.  How often do you care if something is synchronizing?  It was
one of the failures of GNOME-2 is that the toolbar actively promoted a
kind of AD-HD;  when there was work to be done.

This reply just shows you have no idea what you/we are talking about.

You are on my ignore list from now.

Bye bye