Re: Where can I find detailed extension API changes of gnome-shell

On 15 May 2015 03:32, "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> I would be more than happy to hand off maintenance of the extensions website to somebody else, get them off the ground with the code, and answer any questions about the system. I, personally, do not want to contribute to extensions infrastructure any more. I would be more than happy to explain my reasons.

I believe from the start that the biggest issue is the lack of a user API. If there had been a remotely stable API the extension review process would be easier and the maintenance for the extension developers would also be easier. I originally had two extensions and every time they were broken by a new GS version it was a pain to understand why, how to fix it, etc. Also extensions tend to break each other since they are monkey patching the same code.

Just my two cents.
Gabriel