RE: No application or applet icons in gmome-shell-3.10.3

On Mar 30, 2014, at 13:17, "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net>
wrote:

The desktop mode in nautilus is still supported part of our new Classic
mode. The background shouldn't be turning white: it should be using an
ARGB32 window that's fully transparent.
Ah. I stand corrected.

I'm not sure exactly why gnome-shell shows "All Applications" as blank. Are
there any .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/ ?
OP stated that there were and that he could launch them with Nautilus.

The desktop files are in /usr/local/share/applications/

If I copy them to ~/.local/share/applications/ they still do not appear