Re: No application or applet icons in gmome-shell-3.10.3

The desktop mode in nautilus is still supported part of our new Classic mode. The background shouldn't be turning white: it should be using an ARGB32 window that's fully transparent.

I'm not sure exactly why gnome-shell shows "All Applications" as blank. Are there any .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/ ?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Alex Jordan <alexander3223098 gmail com> wrote:
On Mar 30, 2014, at 3:54, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:
> The problem is that the desktop background turns bright white if I do this.
This behavior is expected. The code in Nautilus to draw a background image was ripped out around the 3.8 cycle, I believe. I'm surprised it can still draw icons.