Re: Design choice for suspend option only

Den 3 mar 2012 00.58 skrev "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net>:

> > Except those times we need to load a new kernel with new security patches on.
>
> If there's installed updates, we should swap the Suspend button with a
> Restart button. That's the designed behaviour, and I believe there's
> an open bug for it, we just haven't implemented it yet.

Well that introduces quite the inconsistency doesn't it. I'm sure the user wouldn't appriciate the computer restarting with his unsaved documents instead of suspending like it usually does.

Though I do think I saw, or maybe it's just me imagining, some plan for an updates menu alongside networking, battery and the rest on the top tanel. A small icon that would change if there were updates available and if the computer needed rebooting to load a new kernel.

But these are just tangent topics that have little or nothing to do with the original question of this thread.