Re: Design choice for suspend option only

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
[...]
> On a Mac, I never ever think of shutting down, I just close the lid and then
> open up again.  Why?  Because suspend is nearly instantaneous.
[...]

exactly! very well put - "close the lid" causes suspend.

in the menu there should be power item which shall give you
dialog box to power down, restart or suspend, which would work
as a confirmation of the action as well - simple as that.

but now we have two ways to suspend (lid or button). it is simply
a waste.

of course, desktop computers do not have lid to close, but it is rare
to suspend them as well... one more click would not hurt. or they
suspend after period of inactivity... or do they suspend at all? we
can argue, but, as many pointed out, there is _no_ research
made - just opinions.

regards,