Re: Two or three things I see coming in gnome-shell

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM, informalibre montceau
<informalibre montceau gmail com> wrote:
> Hello, I translated my text translated from French via google, I do not know
> if I'm on the right list
>
> I use Fedora 16 - 64-Bit
>
> - Better management of virtual desktops
> Problem:
> When more than three windows in an office, it becomes difficult to work. In
> my case, I usually click with the middle button on the title bar of a window
> to the passing in the background. But when I have lots of windows I say,
> "It's hassle and complicated to change the windows." Then I look back I have
> several offices available to me I go to work and I spread my windows on my
> various offices.
> Solution:
> When it was launched more than three windows, the behavior of the
> application launcher changes. When you click on an icon of a program, it no
> longer starts in the current desktop mode but remains in activity mode. This
> allows us then to distribute the application to the proper desktop.

You can already drag an application icon to a desktop, and you will
remain in "activity mode".

> - Better management of the screensaver
> Problem:
> To detect when the user is not in front of his screen, the system examines
> the use of the mouse. But this is not always relevant, because I can very
> well not use the mouse but watch a video with totem.
> Solution
> Add a button to totem to tell the system that it should not start the
> standby screen and / or warn the user that the screen saver will launch and
> offer to disable the screen saver time of the video.

Totem should already be inhibiting the screensaver when it's in full-screen.

> - Better management of evolution and rhythmbox as background
> Problem:
> There are often many applications already launched and the two applications
> should not remain there permanently open and takes up space. Yet we need to
> open evolution to see if we receive new messages. And we keep open rhythmbox
> since we're listening to music
> Solution:
> Ensure that Evolution is running in the background but without a GUI and /
> or have a daemon that checks the mail. For rhythmbox, make music playback or
> radio is being transferred to a body that plays the songs, Rhythmbox will
> close but in this instance the notification area will continue to play
> songs.

Put them on their own workspace and ignore them?

> - Better device management hot
> Problem
> When I connect a new device, the system initiates a new instance of nautilus
> even if it is already running
> Solution
> Open the device in a new tab

What version of GNOME Shell are you running? You should get an
auto-mount notification, not just nautilus auto-started.

> - Move the windows of other offices with the mouse
> New feature:
> When I move a window to the lower edge of the screen, the active mode
> appears and allows me to move my window to other office

This is hard to do for various technical reasons.

> - Management of Gnome 3 PC in the same LAN
> New feature:
> Allow a simple way to share documents between multiple computers under gnome
> 3. I right click on a document or folder, and I check a sharing option. It
> instantly appears on all computers in the network. Also allow to send a
> document to a single computer network, by right click to send.

Yeah, there needs to be some work towards painless sharing. How it
will be accomplished, I don't know.