Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

2012/8/22 Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika yahoo com>
To turn off the computer takes (let's say) 20 seconds.  To turn it on takes
(say) 40 seconds.  Entering/leaving suspend mode takes (say) 7.5 seconds.
So the questions are: how much time in suspend mode is equal to the power
used by 45 seconds of running my laptop at normal power, and is that time less
than or greater than the average amount of time I'm leaving my computer in
suspend mode?

If you want to try this out for yourself it's really really easy. Buy a wattmeter and measure how much power your computer draws when hibernating or powering off and multiply that by the time it took. Then measure how much power your computer consumes while suspending, multiply that by the time, and then measure the amount of power it draws while suspended.

Then draw a simple graph with the power as a function of time and you'll see when suspend line crosses the horizontal power off/hibernate line.

For me it's enough to know that my laptop tends to die while suspended meanwhile I always can shut down and boot up again at the auto suspend percentage of battery.
--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion