Re: Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 18:40 +0200, Pascal Obry wrote:
> Lot of people are complaining about gnome-shell, fine. But people loving
> it should also say it...

I love it.

>  So just to say that I really like gnome-shell
> and after some weeks of use I just wasn't able to go back.

Ditto.
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/05/fortnight-with-gnome3.html>

>  I'm using gnome-shell with GNU/Dedian since more than one years

openSUSE 12.1 x86_64

> Now I think my productivity is better. The desktop looks clean and with
> the help of some extensions (Dash to dock, All in one places, Web
> search) I'm more than really happy!

Tracker and Zeitgeist Journal integration.  I finally have what
Dashboard and Beagle promised almost a decade ago.

Alt+F1,  a few keystrokes, *BAM* there is all my stuff!!! @&^&*@$%*&
AWESOME.

>  I'm sure 3.6 will be even better!

No Doubt.

> The key point is *adapt*, people not wanting to adapt will stay with
> other shells, and new comers will probably love gnome-shell, it is not
> possible to please everybody!

People are used to things changing all the time.  Web developers redisgn
their websites and web applications constantly [very frequently for the
worse] and users adapt.

> Keep up the great work and thanks to the dev team!

+1