Re: Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

Am Mi 22 Aug 2012 12:57:12 CEST schrieb Jonathan Wilkes:

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam  Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>
To: gnome-shell-list gnome org
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 19:12 +0200, Florian Scandella wrote:
  I like how gnome uses
  (and drives) development of freedesktop standards instead of reinventing
  everything and hacking arount short term limitations.

+1

  So while i'm happy with gnome-shell, i'm all for integrating some
of the
  most used extensions into the core, with an option to enable/disable them.

I disagree,  core should remain thin so people can easily go in whatever
direction they want.  Verses the old first-I-go-remove-all-this-crap.

How much "thicker" does the core get by having a restart menu item in the
status menu?

-Jonathan

Note that distributions can bundle and enable whatever extensions they
want.  openSUSE packages several.  And distribution packages of GNOME
are what end-users actually install and use.