Re: web page with instructions for getting 'gnome 2' experience back

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Diego Fernandez
<aiguo fernandez gmail com> wrote:
> Lol this reminds me of a quote from my boss (in IT as well).  "It's
> not about what the users want, it's about what the users need!"

"Give them what they want, not what they asked for" is more
appropriate. Users most readily know what they want in a binary sense:
they want this, they don't want that.

Blindly implementing what they asked for, instead of what they want
(read: the motivation behind what they asked for) is what has driven
several companies bankrupt and into oblivion. Sometimes the two are
one and the same, other times they are not. But it's always worth the
research and investigation.