Re: Highlight the "Activities" button on boot

On 10/15/2011 12:36 PM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> Le samedi 15 octobre 2011 à 16:34 +0530, Nishant Agrwal a écrit :
>> One of the oft-mentioned weaknesses of Gnome Shell, compared to other
>> shells like Canonical's Unity, is that unlike its counterparts, Gnome
>> Shell does not give a new user any immediate indication of how to
>> launch applications or do anything, really.
> The problem you describe only concerns the first time the user will try
> GNOME 3. Given this, I don't consider a major issue that the user might
> need a few seconds to understand where things happen. Since there are
> not many buttons to try, and that there's a big button in the top right

you mean 'left' ????

> corner saying "Activities", it's reasonable to assume the user will think
> "oh, that's where I should go" before too long without highlighting.

Its a valid point.  I came to know about the activities or overview mode
right from alpha/beta stage of Gnome3 dev.  Some people didn't have that
history so they'll be lost without some documentation or tutorial.  A
simple animation on start should be intuitive enough (Glow thrice)