Re: Highlight the "Activities" button on boot

no, i'm just speaking from personal experience. When I first tried Gnome Shell I thought something had gone wrong in the installation as there was nothing familiar like icons or desktops or even a single menu.

i agree that after spending a few seconds analyzing things, a user will invariably click on the button (as I did). My intention was to make it so that a potential user who would,  say pick up a friends laptop and log into the guest account, wouldn't feel discouraged to use the system because they cannot see any visual clue as to what to do next, and go on to ask "don't you have Windows on this thing?"

Just thought it would add a bit of polish :)