Re: Hiding minimized windows from Overview?

Le vendredi 27 mai 2011 à 20:19 -0700, Adam Williamson a écrit :
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 22:20 -0400, Cyril Arnaud wrote:
> > There is no minimize per say in Gnome Shell (there not even a button
> > for this).
>
> Yes, there is. Right-click on the window title, and click minimize.
> There is also a dconf setting which can re-enable the minimize button,
> and gnome-tweak-tool provides an interface to this.
It's still present, but the menu is merely a leftover, there was even a
discussion about removing it. And let's not speak about tweaking
GSettings, that's of course possible, but clearly not the standard Shell
behavior. All in all, the Shell has no good story for minimized windows,
that's part of the reasons why you can't minimize (easily).

Personally, I keep Evolution, Firefox and Empathy always open in the
first workspace, and do precise tasks in other workspaces. That's more
or less the same as minimizing them, but the advantage is that they are
really separated from other windows.

As for creating an extension to hide minimized windows from the
overview, I think you can have a look at the code at:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/js/ui/workspaceThumbnail.js

Regards